1. Fill in the online application form
2. Mail the signed application form with all the necessary documents by indicated deadline to:
International Students Service
University of Tartu
Tartu 50090, Estonia.
Applicants will receive confirmation upon receipt of their application and its status. Completed applications will be considered by the Admission Commission and students accepted into the program will be notified of their admission soon after.
•• application form for Master’s studies
Application deadline - April 16, 2013
NB! Applicants with diplomas issued later than the set deadlines (e.g. in July), please send the application form and the most recent Transcript of Records by the required deadline. Indicate to the International Student Service when your diploma will be issued.
There will be 13 students admitted to the Master's programme in 2013 and for all the admitted students tuition-waiver scholarships are available.
Students receiving this scholarship do not have to pay the tuition fee if they complete a full-time study load (30 ECTS per semester). Those who
do not complete full-time study load per semester have to pay tuition fee per missing credit point below the required 30 ECTS. Price per credit
point is 59 euros.
See also: When will I have to pay the tuition fee?
Anastasiia Sidielnik (Ukraine) "Cultural Function of Dissident Translation in Soviet Ukraine of 50s-70s: Hryhoriy Kochur and Mykola Lukash" (supervisor Peeter Torop, Prof)
Claudio Julio Rodriguez Higuera (Chile) "A Typology of Arguments for the Existence of Physiosemiosis" (supervisor Kalevi Kull, Prof)
Davi William Herreira Gomes (Brazil) "Semiotic Strategies to Get in and out of Multiculturalism: A Case Study of Brazilian Political Logos" (supervisor Andreas Ventsel, PhD)
Eduardo Chávez Herrera (Mexico) "Semiotic Aspects of Acculturation: The Case of Moroccan Immigrant Youth in the Basque Country" (supervisor Peeter Torop, Prof)
Felipe Cuervo Restrepo (Columbia) "San Juan's Dark Night of Absence: a Semiotic Analysis of the Cántico" (supervisor Mihhail Lotman, PhD)
Iuliia Popova (Ukraine) "Social Nostalgia for Soviet Times in Russian TV Serials Depicting the Era of Stagnation" (supervisor Andreas Ventsel, PhD)
Karlina Vaivade (Latvia) "Self-construction through Interpretation of Coolness in Things: Youth Example in Riga" (supervisor Anti Randviir, PhD)
Sigita Tamošauskaite (Lithuania) "Memory in the Photographic Landscape Representations: The Case of Soviet Memory in Vilnius" (supervisor Kati Lindström, PhD)
Tamara Stojanovic (Serbia) "An Explicit Approach to Grammar Instructions: Analysis of Procedures in Italian Language Course Books" (supervisor Katre Pärn)
Thomas Mark Boyle (USA) "Principles of Montage in Don Delillo's "Underworld" " (supervisor Peeter Torop, Prof)
Tyler James Bennett (USA) "Symptomatology of the Panoptic Surface: Foucault and the Postmodern Turn in Semiotics" (supervisor Andreas Vetnsel, PhD)
Ms. Katre Väli (firstname.lastname@example.org
International Projects Coordinator
Department of Semiotics
University of Tartu
International Student Service
University of Tartu
Ülikooli 18, 50090 Tartu
International students about University of Tartu - Remo Gramigna
International students about University of Tartu - Montana Salvoni and Felipe
A Remarkable Studying Experience - A short film by Remo Gramigna
Network: Arlene - Arlene Tucker
Tartu and the MA in Semiotics: four years after - Remo Gramigna
1. Alejandra Pineda Silva (Columbia) - "Learning through the Body-Sign-Senses: a Reflection about Creating and Sensing" (Rauno Thomas Moss, MA)
2. Arlene Tucker (USA) - "Meaninggul Play: Applying Zoosemiotics to Game Development" (supervisor Timo Maran, PhD)
3. Burhan Sayili (Turkey) - "Image of Fear: Mediating Islamophobia in the Visual Sphere" (supervisor Andreas Ventsel, PhD)
4. Carlos Andres Perez Hernandez (Columbia) - "Race and the Construction of Unity: a Comparative Semiotic Text Analysis of Barack Obama's Race Speech, Stump Speech, Acceptance Speech, and Inaugural Address" (supervisor Andreas Ventsel, PhD)
5. Cesar Octavio Moreno Zayas (Mexico) - "Approach to an Integral Model of an Evaluation in Social Opera Studies" (supervisor Katre Väli, MA)
6. Kristin Orav (Estonia) - "Immaterial Art as Pure Form" (supervisor Silvi Salupere)
7. Mara Woods (USA) - "Modelling Affective Habit into Jakob von Uexküll's Functional Cycle" (supervisor Riin Magnus, MA)
8. Maximino Matus Ruiz (Mexico) - "Translating Mexican Landscapes into Affective Foodscapes: the Cases of Amsterdam and Madrid" (supervisor Kati Lindström, PhD)
9. Remo Gramigna (Italy) - "Augustine on Lying: a Semiotic Analysis" (supervisor Silvi Salupere)
10. Svitlana Biedarieva (Ukraine) - "Semiotic Cracteristics of Interaction Between an Artwork, an Artist anda Viewer in the Context of an Urban Street" (supervisor Silvi Salupere)
11. Taras Boyko (Ukraine) - ""Aedificare Text Historica: Fiction, Translation and Unrealized Possibilities" (supervisor Mihhail Lotman, PhD)