Call for fundraising campaign ideas
The development of the university is in our own hands – hands of the students, alumni and staff. To finance and support development ideas, the University of Tartu is launching a fundraising tradition to which every person can contribute.
For the 100th anniversary of the national university we are looking for one grand idea that would speak to all academic units and appreciate the heritage and future of the national university.
The main focus of the National University 100 campaign idea should be:
- Development or contribution to the continuity of the Estonian language and culture;
- Development of national sciences and increasing the competitive edge;
- Supporting the Estonian language and cultural history studies of the university’s international staff and students;
- Promoting the use and development of Estonian-language terminology;
- Contribution to the development of Estonia or inviting talented people to Estonia, or
- Supporting the development of the university’s memory institutions;
To ensure that the fundraising campaign will also continue after the centenary of the national university, we also gather ideas for four sub-themes: students, buildings and facilities, studies and teaching quality, research and research directions.
Ideas that are directly connected with improving students’ well-being and/or study opportunities. For example, specialised scholarship funds to support students to continue studies at the second and third level of studies, scholarships for students with special needs and/or underprivileged students, and general scholarship funds to support the studies of exceptionally talented students at the University of Tartu.
BUILDINGS and FACILITIES
Ideas that provide students, university staff and alumni with a motivating and high-quality (physical) study and living environment and meet one or several of the following criteria:
- Renovation of existing buildings and environments, incl. lecture halls and rooms for students, and improving well-being that results from physical environment;
- Creating a new function for the existing buildings;
- Activities improving the environment and physical well-being on campus, e.g. cycling and recreation parks.
STUDIES and TEACHING QUALITY
Ideas that partly support the improvement of studies and teaching quality, incl. physical equipment, e.g. e-readers and tablets/computers for personal or general use, proposals for modernisation and development of curricula, practical training and mentorship programmes in cooperation with specialists. Also, to support visiting professorships and bring to UT visiting teaching staff who practise in their field.
RESEARCH and RESEARCH DIRECTIONS
Ideas related with high-level academic research work, e.g.:
- Supporting innovative and highly promising research directions;
- Maintaining the high standard of research studies;
- Developing research cooperation and the emergence of research networks within Estonia and internationally;
- Supporting doctoral students and researchers;
- Improving the efficiency of doctoral studies;
- Improving research skills and introducing science-based thinking.
The deadline for submission of ideas is 1 February 2017.
Please email your ideas to the UT Marketing Unit, turundus [ät] ut.ee.
When presenting your idea(s), please answer the following questions:
1) What is your idea and how is it related with the university’s main activities?
2) What budget is necessary to realize the idea?
3) What is the time frame for implementing the idea, is it for a specified term (specify the deadline) or termless and can be supported continuously?
4) What are your suggestions for expressing gratitude to donors or supporters of the idea?
Additional information: Teele Arak, UT senior specialist for marketing, 737 6121, teele.arak [ät] ut.ee