Admission to Bachelor of Business Administration
- Completed secondary education (before the academic year starts)
- English language proficiency
Admission takes place according to a ranking list of applicants built on the basis of scores in Mathematics and motivation letters: the share of Mathematics is 60% and the share of motivation letter is 40% from the total amount of admission points.
Application process for Estonian candidates
Application process for international candidates
- Submit the online application form. We ask you to upload the electronic copies of all the required documents to your application. This makes the pre-processing of your application quicker and is especially important for candidates applying to more than one programme. You will receive an applicant code, which gives access to your account to track your application status.
- Mail the printed and signed application (do not send any documents by e-mail) with all the required documents by the indicated deadline to:
International Student Service, University of Tartu, Ülikooli 18, Tartu 50090, ESTONIA
Documents to be submitted for application
- online application
- motivation letter - guidelines and evaluation criteria are included in the online application form
- official copy of the secondary school certificate and grade list in the original language*
- certified translations of the secondary school certificate and grade list into English
- proof of English language proficiency
- copy of the passport page stating the applicant's personal particulars
* Please note that all copies of education documents (diploma, exam certificate and grade list) must bear an original seal and a signature of an authorized official of the issuing school. Copies of documents can also be certified with an Apostille. Some country-specific requirements also specify the way documents must be certifed.
NB! Applicants graduating from secondary school after the indicated deadline must send all documents available at the time of application (including their most recent grade list) and notify the International Student Service when they can expect the rest, e.g., the date of your national exams.
SAT or GMAT test in mathematics is not required for students applying, but those who have taken SAT or GMAT test may get 5 extra points for their motivation letter. The SAT score recipient code for the University of Tartu is 6424.
Only complete applications will be considered by the Admission Committee.
Announcement of admission results
The university's Admissions Committee will announce admissions results by 15 June. Admission notifications are sent by e-mail. All admitted students must inform the university of their decision to accept or decline the admission offer.
Please note that the decision regarding admission can only be taken if all required documents have been sent to the university.
Applicants interested in transfer
If you have already started your Business Administration studies at another university and would like to transfer to the University of Tartu, the following documents are required to assess your transfer possibilities:
- Transcript of Records
- Detailed descriptions of passed courses (including learning outcomes and credit points)
- Proof of English language proficiency
The documents can be sent by e-mail to Kadi Kõllamets (kadi.kollamets [ät] ut.ee).
Tuition fee and scholarships
25 students will be admitted to the programme. Based on the admission's ranking list, the 5 best students were granted tuition-waiver scholarship. Further information on when a tuition-waiver scholarship holder starts paying the tuition fee and instructions for fee paying students is given here.
Semester fee for tuition fee paying students is 1570 euros. Price per credit point is 53 euros.
Info on other scholarships is given here.