How to fill in an online application in DreamApply
1. Go to the University of Tartu DreamApply page http://incoming.ut.ee. At first sign up and make an account for yourself.
2. Log in with the applicant code given to you. Please write down your code, as you need it every time you want to log in to the system. NB! You should also receive an e-mail with the code.
3. On the same page (http://incoming.ut.ee), choose a right mobility type (program) by clicking the „start here“ button on the right.
1) If you are an Erasmus student - all of our partner universities are in the system, so just choose your home institution (by typing in the institution´s name or location) and then the mobility type. Then you need to choose nominated study field (scroll down the page if needed to find yours). Then on the right click "Apply now!".
2) If you are participating exchange within inter-university cooperation agreements or Swiss-European mobility programme - all of our partner universities are in the system, so just choose your home institution and then the mobility type and on the right click on "Apply now!". You can find your home institution by typing in the institution´s name or location.
3) All the other programmes - on the page that opens you can see all the information about the programme, then click “Apply now!”.
4. Start filling in the application by providing all the details asked. NB! The system saves your content from time to time, but it is recommended to save it yourself as well.
You need to fill in the following information:
- “Profile” – fill in all the caps with your personal and contact information. You also need to upload a formal photo of yourself and provide an English speaking emergency contact
- “Home university” – here you need to provide information about your current home university and contact details of the coordinator at your home university
- “Education” – you need to fill in this tab only when you have already awarded with a degree from higher education institution. NB! This tab is only in the application form for visiting students (free movers).
- “Languages” – provide information of all the spoken languages. Please also indicate the level of English language that is stated in your proof of English language proficiency.
- “Documents” – upload all the compulsory documents:
- Transcript of records issued by a home university (must bear an original seal and signature of an authorized official, in English);
- Copy of valid identification document (non EU applicants - copy of the passport page stating the applicant's personal particulars);
- Proof of English language skills (not applicable for native speakers and students of the universities where English is the language of instruction).
- “Motivation” – write a motivation letter, explaining why you would like to study at the University of Tartu. NB! This tab is only in the application form for visiting students (free movers).
- “Other” – you can add any medical info or additional requests here.
- “Checklist” – Please indicate that you have resolved all the items in the checklist.
5. After everything is completed in the profile, please, go back to the part “Priorities” tab and “click on “Create a study plan”. You will see a list of subjects taught in English at the University of Tartu. Exchange students are free to select courses from different programmes and faculties to design their study plans for the coming semester. Please choose at least 15 ECTS worth of courses per semester.
6. You do not have to fill in the whole application at once. If you start early enough, you will have time to come back, make changes and upload documents. To proceed some other time, click on "Continue later".
7. Once you have completed filling in the application and uploaded all the necessary documents, click on "Submit application".
8. If you have submitted the application but wish to make changes before the deadline, you can do this and re-submit the application.
9. After you have submitted the online application, please print out the PDF file, sign it and send it with required application documents via regular mail to the International Student Service (Address: International Student Service, University of Tartu, Ülikooli 18, Tartu 50090, Estonia). Documents must arrive to the University of Tartu by the deadlines (Autumn semester: May 15, Spring semester: November 1).
10. The decision of admission will be made within 4 weeks after the application deadline.
Contact persons for incoming exchange and visiting students
Ms. Kristine Truija
Ms. Piret Saluveer