International Summer University 2015
Experience geographical variety in addition to academic diversity. We offer an outstanding selection of interdisciplinary and subject specific summer programmes with rigorous content where the topics are approached with an emphasis on practical knowledge.
- After the Empire: the Collapse of Communism and Beyond
- Social Dimension in European-Russian Relations and Estonian e-Society 12 July–1 Aug
- Social Dimension in European-Russian Relations 19 July –1 Aug
Law and Political Sciences Programmes
- European Integration: the EU from West to East
- Estonian e-Society and Regional Security 12 July–1 Aug
- Estonian e-Society: from e-Services and e-Governance to Cyber Security 12–25 July
- 4th Martens Summer School on International Law 26–31 July organised by the Faculty of Law and Centre for EU-Russian Studies of the University of Tartu (more information will be available in January 2015)
Humanities and Arts Programmes
- Semiotic (un-)predictability 10-21 Aug
- Estonian Handicraft Camp 4-10 July organised by the University of Tartu Viljandi Culture Academy
- Viron kielen kurssit suomalaisille / Estonian Language with Instruction in Finnish 23 July-1 Aug
- Estonian Language with Instruction in English 13-24 July (level I) and 27 July-7 Aug (levels II-IV) Detailed information not available yet
University of Tartu has been organising language summer programmes since 1998 and today we offer an outstanding variety of courses on various fields. An addition to lectures and seminars we collaborate with business enterprises and governmental institutions to offer study visits that integrate academic approach and practice.
Our interdisciplinary courses with the duration of 2 to 4 weeks take place in different towns of Estonia: Tallinn – the capital, Tartu – the University town and Pärnu – a sea-side resort. This gives you an excellent opportunity to enjoy and get to know the unique atmosphere of various cities. After the lectures and study visits you can enjoy medieval yet modern Tallinn, bohemian Tartu and sunny beach in Pärnu.
Even more, some of our programmes give you a possibility to see other European countries and academic culture. We have programmes organised in cooperation with our partner universities in Utrecht (the Netherlands) and Riga (Latvia).
By attending our academic courses you can focus on new knowledge, ideas and experiences, but at the same time you can also benefit by taking part in a great variety of interesting cultural and social events as well as stirring study visits.