The aim of the achievement stipend is to offer recognition and support to students who have excellent study results while studying with 100% workload.
The achievement stipend can be applied for by a student who
... studies in the first or second level of higher education (Bachelor’s, integrated studies or Master’s)
... is a citizen of Estonia or resides in Estonia on the basis of a long-term or temporary residence permit or a permanent or temporary right of residence or reside in Estonia with a long-stay visa or without a visa if there is an agreement with the foreign country for visa-free movement or the citizens of the foreign country are exempt from visa and have applied for a temporary residence permit for studies;
... studies full time;
... is not on academic leave;
... has not exceeded the nominal study period of his/her curriculum;
... is completing his/her curriculum 100% (without taking into account credit points obtained by the recognition of prior learning and work experience).
The amount of the achievement stipend is 100 euros per month. The stipends are allocated twice a year: for the autumn semester (September until January) and spring semester (February until June). For the autumn semester the application must be submitted between 1 September and 30 September, for the spring semester the application must be submitted between 1 February and 28 February. A new application must be submitted each semester. First-year students cannot apply for the stipend in the autumn semester.
To apply, log in to the UT Study Information System and click on Stipends. On the next page, tick the statement ("I would like to apply..."). Note that the tick box is available only if you are eligible for applying for the achievement stipend, If you wish, you can enter information about your achievements and extra-curricular activities. Click on "submit application" to finish.
The achievement stipend is given to the best in the ranking list based on the weighted average grade. There are two ranking list per each faculty or college: one for the first level of studies (Bachelor’s and integrated studies) and one for the second level of studies (Master’s). The ranking lists are compiled on the basis of the weighted average grade of the previous semester, taking all study results into account. In case of equal weighted average grade of the previous semester, the order of preference is as follows:
- student who has higher weighted average grade during the whole study period, taking all study results into account;
- student who has completed his/her curriculum to a larger extent;
- student who has received less negative study results during the whole study period;
- student who has showed outstanding results in the respective field of study, been successful in the competitions of the field of study or been active in extra-curricular activities (provided the student has entered this information in the Study Information System).
The stipend committee allocates the stipends of spring semester by 10 March at the latest and the stipends of autumn semester by 10 October at the latest. The stipend payments will be done by the 20th day of the month of study for the current month (except for the stipend of February and March that will be paid by 20 April and the stipend for September that will be paid by 20 October). If a student receiving the achievement stipend goes on academic leave, the payment of the achievement stipend is stopped starting from the month following the last day of study.
The achievement stipend is not stopped during the academic leave if the student completes 100% of the curriculum and:
- has a moderate, severe or profound disability;
- is a parent or caregiver of a child under the age of three years;
- is a parent or caregiver of a child with a disability under the age of sixteen years;
- is on academic leave due to military service or alternative civilian service.