Study as an exchange student at Gakushuin University
Competition to Gakushuin University for the spring 2017/18
NB! REQUIREMENTS HAVE CHANGED! Requirements:
- Minimum command of English: TOEFL 80 p; IELTS 6.0 p and command of Japanese (when applying to Faculty of International Social Sciences;
- Minimum command of Japanese: JLPT Level N4/certificate to prove at least 2 years of Japanese language studies. May be a certificate from language instructor (own form).
- Application for study abroad;
- Statement of purpose (letter of motivation, in English);
- Letter of recommendation from a supervisor or professor at UT (in English);
- Transcript of records (with average grade, in English, ask from your dean's office); Master's and PhD students must also submit a diploma supplement (in English) on the previous level of study (ask for that from the Student Admissions from your coordinator);
- For studies in English and Japanese certificate on command of English (IELTS, TOEFL) or for studies only in Japanese JLPT Level N4/certificate to prove at least 2 years of Japanese language studies.
Application deadline: October 10, 2017.
Please submit your application documents (hard copies, original/officially certified) to the UT Study Abroad Centre.
NB! It is possible to apply even if you have not yet received the results of your TOEFL/IELTS test by the deadline (although the test must be taken). On that occasion, you will have to submit some other proof of language proficiency, e.g. confirmation from language professor, UT language test.
Please note, late documents may affect your candidacy!
Students selected by the UT committee to Gakushuin University must also submit additional application and visa documents. Selected students will be informed.