Estonian Development Cooperation Scholarships for Georgia, Moldova, Ukraine and Belarus
Estonian Development Cooperation scholarships are financed by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs Development Cooperation and Humanitarian Aid.
Scholarships are available for four different summer university programmes for the students (and teacher training lecturers in one programme) from Georgia, Moldova, Ukraine and Belarus.
9th APRIL - SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION DEADLINE for:
Social Dimension: Estonian Business Environment and EU-Russian Relations,
Social Dimension: EU-Russian Relations and Baltic Regional Security,
Integrating Educational Technology with 21st Century Learning
12th APRIL - SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION DEADLINE for: Juri Lotman and the Semiotics of Culture
Results of the competition will be communicated within 1st week of May 2017.
- Programme fee (tuition, cultural programme, study visits and transportation during the programme between different cities);
- Housing in shared double or triple rooms with other students;
- Travel and Subsistence grant (paid during the programme in Tartu) in the amount of 190 euro.
There are 5 (altogether 20) scholarships available for each programme:
- Social Dimension: Estonian Business Environment and EU-Russian Relations 9-22 July 2017 in Tallinn and Tartu
- Social Dimension: EU-Russian Relations and Baltic Regional Security 16-29 July 2017 in Tartu and Pärnu
- Juri Lotman and the Semiotics of Culture 3-14 July 2017 in Tartu
- Integrating Educational Technology with 21st Century Learning 3-14 July 2017 in Tartu
Who is eligible?
- First level (bachelor) students from 2nd year of university studies and second (master) level students (not PhD), who have citizenship of Georgia, Moldova, Ukraine or Belarus.
NB! For the programme Integrating Educational Technology with 21st Century Learning eligibility criteria:
- students with a practical classroom teaching / lecturing experience;
- university's teacher training lecturers.
How to apply?
Fill in the online application and download all needed documents to the online application.
There is one online application to apply simultantously for the summer programme as well as for the scholarship. Thus, do not forget to note in the online application that you want to apply for the Estonian Development Cooperation Scholarship and add all needed documentations:
- Motivation letter (maximum 900 words) that explains how your participation in the summer programme is connected with your studies/work and social activities. How you plan to disseminate the experience gained in the summer programme and use new knowledge in the future;
- CV (curriculum vitae);
- Transcript of Study Records in English from current study institution from students or Confirmation of Employment in English from teacher training lecturers;
- Copy of the passport.
All documents need to be titled with your family name and document name. Example: Glebov_motivation_letter; Glebov_CV etc.
Instructions for online application.
Documents that are not submitted correctly will not be considered as applicants by the scholarship committee.
Further information: Margot Must <margot.must [ät] ut.ee>, +372 737 5561.