Estonian Development Cooperation Scholarships for Georgia, Moldova, Ukraine and Belarus
The Estonian Development Cooperation scholarships are financed by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs Development Cooperation and Humanitarian Aid instruments.
Scholarships are available for four different summer university programmes for the students (and teacher training lecturers in one programme) from Georgia, Moldova, Ukraine and Belarus.
Application period: 6th March - 9th April 2017
Results of the competition will be communicated within 1st week of May 2017.
- Programme fee (tuition, cultural programme, study visits and transportation during the programme between different cities);
- Housing in shared double or triple rooms with other students;
- Travel and Subsistence grant (paid during the programme in Tartu) in the amount of 190 euro.
There are 5 (all together 20) scholarships available for each programme:
- Social Dimension: Estonian Business Environment and EU-Russian Relations 9-22 July in Tallinn and Tartu
- Social Dimension: EU-Russian Relations and Baltic Regional Security 16-29 July in Tartu and Pärnu
- Juri Lotman and the Semiotics of Culture 3-14 July in Tartu
- Integrating Educational Technology with 21st Century Learning 3-14 July in Tartu
Who is eligible?
First and second (BA & MA) level students (not PhD) from 2nd year of university studies, who have citizenship of Georgia, Moldova, Ukraine or Belarus.
NB! For the programme Integrating Educational Technology with 21st Century Learning eigibility criteria:
- students with a practical classroom teaching / lecturing experience;
- university's teacher training lecturers.
How to apply?
Fill in the online application and download all needed documentation to the online application.
PS! Scholarship application possibility in the online system will be opened for 6th March.
There is one online application to apply simultantously for the summer programme as well as to for the scholarship. Thus, do not forget to note in the online application that you want to apply for the Estonian Development Cooperation Scholarship and add all needed documentations:
- Motivation letter (maximum 900 words) that explains how the participation in the summer programme is connected with your studies/work and social activities. How you plan to disseminate the experience gained in the summer programme and use new knowledge in the future;
- CV (curriculum vitae);
- Transcript of Study Records in English from current study institution or Confirmation of Employment in English by teacher training lecturers;
- Copy of the passport.
All documents need to be titled with your family name and document name. Example: Glebov_motivation_letter; Glebov_CV etc.
Documents that are not submitted correctly will not be considered as applicants by the scholarship committee.
Further information: Margot Must: margot.must [ät] ut.ee, +372 737 5561.