Master's programme in Actuarial and Financial Engineering
Actuarial and Financial Engineering
(previously Financial Mathematics)
- Jan 2: application system opens
- March 15: application deadline
- May 15: final admission results
- Sept 4: academic year starts
2-year master's programme prepares specialists for financial sector, banking and insurance industries in quantitative methods of risk assessment and hedging, providing knowledge and skills in two major areas - financial engineering and insurance mathematics. Sound knowledge and interest in mathematics are advantageous to succeeding in this master's programme.
The ability to derive, implement and use correctly numerical procedures for computing various financial quantities is crucial for being successful in the field of quantitative finance. It is also helps to make better choices when buying an insurance policy or stock options.
Why Actuarial and Financial Engineering?
- Special emphasis on applied mathematical models and quantitative methods.
- Only programme of this kind in the region, meeting EU educational standards in actuarial mathematics.
- Graduates very competitive on national and international job market as analysts, actuaries and risk engineers.
- Knowledge, practical skills and competence needed to succeed in careers at banks, insurance companies, consulting, financial utilities and financial supervisory authorities.
- The teaching staff consists of professors highly qualified in the field of financial mathematics, who have also done extensive research and have international experience. Some of the lectures in the programme will be delivered by visiting international staff.
- All graduates can find jobs easily in Estonia and around the world.
|Title||Actuarial and Financial Engineering|
|Level of study||Master's studies|
|Degree awarded||Master of Science (Actuarial and Financial Engineering)|
|Faculty||Faculty of Science and Technology, Institute of Mathematics and Statistics|
|Study form||Full-time regular studies|
|Tuition fee||3400 euros per academic year|
|Scholarships||tuition-waiver scholarships to be announced, other scholarship opportunities|
Ask a student
I lived most of my life in United Arab Emirates and wanted to bring new flavor and energy into my student life. Estonia is a perfect injection of thrill compared to where I come from, in addition the university is ranked pretty high on an international level. As a student you get to be part of various events and integrate with other nationalities that come to study in Estonia. It is amazing how diverse is the atmosphere and lifestyle in Estonia.
Misha, International Student Ambassador from Armenia
Contact International Student Ambassadors to enquire about the life in Tartu.
The master's programme provides knowledge of classical and modern methods in financial and insurance mathematics and follows the guidelines specified in the Education Syllabus of the International Actuarial Association.
Graduates of the programme have established themselves as valued specialists in banks and insurance companies overall the world, including the Wall Street.