Master's programme in Educational Technology
The Educational Technology programme is an online 1-year programme designed to provide an opportunity for professional development to people who are working in positions that involve teaching and wish to use educational technology more effectively in their work. The programme may prove to be especially useful to people currently working at educational institutions (schools, universities, etc.) who did not have a chance to gain digital technology skills and knowledge during their studies (whether because such technological solutions did not exist yet or were only beginning to emerge).
The flexibility of the programme and major focus on e-learning make it especially well-suited to those of you who go to work – whether it be outside of Tartu or in another country.
Why Educational Technology?
- The flexible 1-year programme is mostly online-based and taught entirely in English - a good opportunity to those who go to work, regardless of their location. You do not have to move to Tartu to study.
- Major emphasis is put on teamwork to foster students’ skills of collaboration and help them develop a network of colleagues to rely on in their professional life.
- As a major innovation, the MA thesis is done as teamwork in small groups.
- The programme is characterised by a problem-based approach and a large amount of practical training.
- There are no similar programmes in the region.
Graduates are expected to:
- have an understanding of the principles of the contemporary concept of learning and be able to design a learning process based on those principles;
- be familiar with the main systematic approaches to describing and assessing digital competence and be able to rely on those approaches in planning the professional development of both themselves and their team;
- be able to design a project-based problem-solving process based on the inquiry approach;
- be able to effectively work as part of an international project team, using appropriate technological solutions that enable cloud-based remote collaboration;
- be able to design and conduct research in educational technology and judge the quality of existing research publications covering topics related to educational technology.
|Level of study||Master's studies|
|Degree awarded||Master of Arts in Education (Educational Technology|
|Faculty||Faculty of Social Sciences, Institute of Education|
open university, distance learning, online studies
Students are required to be present in Tartu twice: 1 week in the beginning of studies (August) and 1 week at the end of the studies (June).
|Location||Tartu, Estonia; online|
|Tuition fee||1700 euros per semester|
|Scholarships||5 tuition-waiver scholarships available, other scholarship opportunities|