Please note that all application documents must arrive by regular mail to the University of Tartu by these deadlines!
|May 1 - non EU citizens
||November 1 - all citizens
|June 1 - EU citizens
Documents to be submitted
Please note that the online application form must be filled in after you have been selected by your home university for study abroad at the University of Tartu. Follow the instructions given in the online application form.
1. online application form
2. transcript of records issued by a home university (must bear an original seal and signature of an authorized official, in English)
3. copy of valid identification document (non EU applicants - copy of the passport page stating the applicant's personal particulars)
4. one photo (3 cm x 4 cm; attach to the application form)
5. proof of English language skills (not applicable for native speakers and students of the universities where English is the language of instruction)
Exchange students whose primary language is not English must meet level B2 requirements for English proficiency according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR). Please view these requirements here: European Levels - Self Assessment Grid.
Documented evidence is needed to demonstrate your English language proficiency - an official letter from a language instructor at your university stating the student's language level on CEFR scale or if you have taken an international test of the English language (TOEFL, IELTS, etc.), please send us a copy of the test score. Minimum TOEFL iBT: 75; IELTS (academic): 5.5 p (no part can be below 5.5).
6. if required by your home university: Learning Agreement (see prefilled Learning Agreement for Erasmus exchange students).
All the admission documents should be sent by regular mail to the International Student Service - see contacts. Documents must arrive to the University of Tartu by the deadlines indicated above.
If the complete set of documents is not sent by the required deadline, the university cannot process documents on time and the student's application may be rejected. The decision of admission will be made within 4 weeks after the application deadline.
NB! A place in the Student Village will be guaranteed only for students, who send their application documents on time.