The University of Tartu will be teaching a six-year Medical programme in English.
Admission takes place on the basis of a ranking list, meaning that a motivation letter forms 100% of applicant's admissions score. Prerequisite for application is SAT test in Biology E/M (minimum score 640).
24 students will be accepted to the programme.
Upon successful graduation of the programme students acquire professional and academic growth possibilities – to continue their education in a residency programme of their chosen specialty and become a doctor-specialist or to study medicine in a Doctoral Degree (PhD) programmes in Estonia or in any other country of the European Union.
Application deadlines and process
International applicants should submit application documents to the University of Tartu, International Student Service by: April 16, 2013.
Students graduating in 2013 or getting the SAT result in May, must send the application package by April 16, 2013. Upper secondary education documents must be sent as soon as possible. SAT test result must reach the university by May 27, 2013 the latest.
Test taken in the beginning of May is still accepted.
The university`s Admissions Commission will announce final admissions results on June 3. Admission notifications will be sent by e-mail.
1.Submit the online application form. You will receive an applicant code, which gives access to your account to track your application status. We ask you to upload the electronic copies of all the required documents to your application. This makes the pre-processing of your application quicker and is especially important for candidates applying to more than one programme.
2. Mail the application (do not send any documents by e-mail!) with all the required documents by the indicated deadline to:
International Student Service, University of Tartu, Ülikooli 18, Tartu 50090, ESTONIA.
List of documents to be submitted
Applicants are required to fill in an online application and send the signed application and required documents listed below to the International Student Service. Please follow the directions given in the online system.
1. online application;
2. motivation letter - guidelines and evaluation criteria are included in the online application form;
3. result of SAT test in Biology (minimum score 640);
4. copy of the passport page stating the applicant´s personal particulars;
5. official copy of the secondary school certificate and grade list in the original language*;
6. certified translations of the secondary school certificate and grade list into English;
* Please note that in order to be considered official, all certificates must bear a seal, and a signature of an authorized official. Official documents must be provided from the institution awarding the secondary school certificate. Documents sent with an Apostille are official as well.
- Please note that only official score reports sent straight from the testing centre are accepted. The score recipient code for the University of Tartu is 6424.
- Upper secondary school certificates submitted to the university must include description of grading scale.
- Students accepted to the university can not postpone beginning of their studies to the next academic year.
Important country specific information
The list of admission requirements given above also applies to Finnish applicants, including SAT in Biology.
Applicants must submit an officially certified copy of upper secondary school leaving certificate/Lukion päästötodistus (it is obligatory to submit a copy certified by the educational institution issuing the document) and matriculation examination certificate (if available) in Finnish and also a translation of the Lukion päästötodistus and matriculation examination certificate into English, translation certified.
Programme fee for academic year 2013/2014 is 5500 EUR/semester.