Residence Permits and Visas
There are several possibilities to enter Estonia for the purpose of studying at the University of Tartu (UT). The options usually depend on student's country of origin and the level and duration of studies to be pursued at UT. In order to get a quick overview of these options, please study the road maps created by Study In Estonia.
For degree students (click on the picture) For short-term students (click on the picture)
Once you have a better understanding of your options, please read the following guidelines on specific topics. As you understood from the road maps, sometimes you need to apply both for a visa and residence permit. In that case, make sure you read on both subjects.
- Residence permits for non-EU citizens
- Applying and extending residence permits for non-EU citizens
- Residence permit during academic leave
- Residence permit for working and for post-study period
- Residence permit to spouses