Career, Entrepreneurship and Psychological Counselling
The following services are available for free to all students and alumni of the University of Tartu (UT).
Career counselling provides students with professional support in their career planning. Our aim is to provide objective, confidential and expert career advice that helps students in their study or work choices, and assist employers in finding qualified employees.
- Career counselling (help with decision making in the area of study and specialisation; plan a working life: how to seek and apply for a job, create job application documents, prepare for a job interview). Prior registration is needed;
- Seminars on career matters;
- Career mailing list with internship and job offers as well as information about seminars and various career events. Click here to join or leave the list;
- Career events (career days, career cafes);
- Entrepreneur and organisation presentations to students.
Entrepreneurship counselling provides the support service for students and faculty/employees.
- Business idea analysis;
- Consultation in a business model development;
- Advice in start-up and spin-off companies development;
- Seminars on entrepreneurial mindset; business planning, including the knowledge how to use an online business tool iPlanner and product development;
- Preparation for investor readiness. Cooperation with entrepreneurship support systems and mentorship activities.
Psychological counselling is available in Estonian, Russian and English language and is free of charge for students. To make an appointment, please contact: psyhholoog [ät] ut.ee
There are some other relevant centres in Tartu, where the students could get psychological help. Please pay attention to the fact that the services provided by these centres are not free of charge.
These centres are:
- Tartu Nõustamis- ja Kriisiabikeskus (Tartu Counseling and Crisis Help Center)
Address: Vaksali str 14
Contact phone: +372 7427 555 or +372 55 517 427
E-mail: tnk [ät] tnk.tartu.ee
Opening times: from Monday to Thursday: 10-18 and on Friday 10-13
Issues they mostly deal with are: depression, world-weariness, stress, anxiety, panic, complications in private life.
There are psychologists, psychotherapists and dietary specialists available for clients.
- Hariduse Tugiteenuste Keskus
Address: Tähe str 56
Contact by e-mail only: tonu.jyrjen [ät] tugiteenused.tartu.ee
Issues they mostly deal with are: relationships; self-confidence/self-esteem, decision making, time-management, learning motivation.
Please be aware that Hariduse Tugiteenuste Keskus can serve students until the age of 27 (including). The service is available to those who have registered their place of residence in Estonia, in Tartu Population Register.
OÜ Katriito Nõustamis- ja Psühhoteraapia keskus
Address: Tiigi str 61b
Contact phone: +372 56 29 7411
E-mail: katriito [ät] katriito.ee
Opening times: from Monday to Friday: 9-16.30
Issues they mostly deal with are: depression, world-weariness, stress, anxiety, panic, complications in private life. There are psychologists, psychotherapists and crisis and grief consultants available for clients.
NB! In the case of critical need, please contact: Tartu University Psychiatry Clinic (Raja street 31; telephone 731 8889; doctor on duty - 24h).