The highlights of each semester are the Spring and Autumn Student Days, filled with dozens of entertaining and educating events, competitions and festivals.
A selection of few sports clubs, gyms and other recreational possibilities:
- Aura Centre (swimming pool, water park and fitness club)
- FunBowling (information in Estonian only)
- Ihaste Riding and Recreation Centre (horse riding, information in Estonian only)
- A. Le Coq Sports Hall (badminton courts, gym, running track, stadium; information in Estonian only)
- Tamme Tennis Hall (information in Estonian only)
- Tähtvere Tennis Centre (information in Estonian only)
- MyFitness (fitness club)
- Tähtvere Dance Centre (information in Estonian only)
- Orienteering (information in Estonian only)
University of Tartu Student Council (called TÜÜE) is an University division that represents and protects the interests of our students. The Council consists of 31 elected members whose work is voluntary. It organizes events (University of Tartu annual ball in Vanemuise Concert Hall, Night Library at the University Library, different parties etc.), publishes monthly magazine for students, takes part in developing curricula, university legislation etc.
The Council also offers printing, scanning binding and faxing services, it sells souvenirs. The Student Council is located next to the University Main Building (Ülikooli 18b) and is opened from Monday to Friday 9 am - 4.30 pm.