During every semester there are a lot of student events: international food fest, movie evenings, sledging, sauna days etc. The definite highlights of each semester are Spring and Autumn Students Days. Tartu offers plenty of opportunities for sports: the university sports hall, several well-equipped gyms and fitness clubs, squash and tennis courts, bowling clubs, swimming pools. For those with talent there is Tartu Academic Male Choir, Tartu University Chamber Choir, Folk Art Ensemble of the University of Tartu, Tartu Student Theatre. Find what works for you!
While living an active student life, do not forget your safety! Have a look at the video below (held during the orientation course in autumn 2013) with some basic rules in this matter.
The highlights of each semester are the Spring and Autumn Student Days, filled with dozens of entertaining and educating events, competitions and festivals.
A selection of few sports clubs, gyms and other recreational possibilities:
- Aura Centre (swimming pool, water park and fitness club)
- FunBowling (information in Estonian only)
- Ihaste Riding and Recreation Centre (horse riding, information in Estonian only)
- A. Le Coq Sports Hall (badminton courts, gym, running track, stadium; information in Estonian only)
- Tamme Tennis Hall (information in Estonian only)
- Tähtvere Tennis Centre (information in Estonian only)
- MyFitness (fitness club)
- Tähtvere Dance Centre (information in Estonian only)
- Orienteering (information in Estonian only)
University of Tartu Student Council (called TÜÜE) is an University division that represents and protects the interests of our students. The Council consists of 31 elected members whose work is voluntary. It organizes events (University of Tartu annual ball in Vanemuise Concert Hall, Night Library at the University Library, different parties etc.), publishes monthly magazine for students, takes part in developing curricula, university legislation etc.
The Council also offers printing, scanning binding and faxing services, it sells souvenirs. The Student Council is located next to the University Main Building (Ülikooli 18b) and is opened from Monday to Friday 9 am - 4.30 pm.