The Republic of Estonia has entered into cooperation agreements on student exchanges with several European countries. Normally, students can choose the university in the respective country themselves, provided that it is a public university. Support is generally granted for studies lasting for one or two semesters and for students of all levels of study.
To date, Estonia has entered into student and faculty exchange cooperation agreements with the following countries: Belgium (Flanders and Wallonia), Israel, Italy, China, Greece, Lithuania, Latvia, Poland, France, Switzerland, Denmark, the Czech Republic, Turkey, and Hungary. Exchange students are guaranteed free tuition at foreign universities (no tuition fees charged) and, depending on the terms of the agreement, also a grant, free accommodation and/or a travel allowance. The terms of application may vary significantly; for further information, applicants should refer to specific grant offers.
Student exchanges under national agreements are organised by the Archimedes Foundation, which means that students should also apply through the foundation. The contact person of the Archimedes Foundation can also give applicants further information on every offer. Grant competitions are open to all students of Estonian higher education institutions, not only to students of the University of Tartu.
In addition, the Archimedes Foundation also intermediates grants of other foreign countries and funds.
More information: Archimedes Foundation (only in estonian language)
Contact person: Julia Duh, julia.duh [ät] archimedes.ee, tel. 699 6496.
Government of China Grant - degree seeking students and exchange students
The Government of China is offering 2 grants of the students of UT: bachelor's, master's, doctorate level and the exchange students at one of the UT's partner universities in China.
Grant includes: tuition fee, health insurance, financial support. International travel expenditures support is excluded.
- the applicant is not the citizen of People's Republic of China;
- grant is meant for one academic year;
- the lenght of the exchange period has to be one academic year
- additional requirements for degree-seeking students: being in good health, proficiency of Chinese (at least basic level) since the studies are mainly in Chinese.
- the applicant has to submit application, motivation letter and acceptance letter (if received) by the deadline to the International Student Service;
- the grant committee choses the most suitable applicants, who are nominated to the Embassy of China;
- the Embassy holds an interview with the applicant;
- final results are announced in June.
Information will specify!
Contact: Kristine Truija (kristine.truija [ät] ut.ee)
Deadline: March 24, 2016.