Kristjan Jaak scholarships
The Kristjan Jaak Scholarship programme is a governmental programme initiated in cooperation with the Estonian Ministry of Education and Research. The main objective of the programme is to strenghten the internationalisation of Estonian higher education institutions and employability of their graduates.
More specifically, the Kristjan Jaak Programme awards mobility scholarships to the MA and PhD students and young faculty members. The scholarships are open to the applicants from all subject areas.
Applications are accepted in four categories.
- The scholarships for DEGREE STUDIES ABROAD are available for individuals beginning or continuing their PhD studies at a recognised university abroad and willing to return to Estonia after graduation. The deadline for applications is once a year, on 1 April.
- The scholarships for PART-TIME STUDIES ABROAD are created for MA and PhD students wishing to spend part of their studies abroad. The scholarship period can last from one to twelve months based on individual need. Applications are accepted twice a year, on 1 May and on 1 October.
- The scholarship aimed for supporting SHORT-TIME VISITS are awarded for visits abroad that last up to 30 days. These may involve participation in the conferences, intensive courses, visiting libraries or labs, fieldwork, meeting the relevant experts, preparation of teaching material or any other study, research or teaching related activity. The scholarship can be applied for by MA and PhD students, resident physicians and young faculty members (aged up to 35 years of age or 5 years from the defence of their PhD). Applications are accepted four times a year, on 1 March, 1 June, 15 September and 1 December.
The calls for applications are opened in the application system one month before the application deadline. More information about the programme from the Education Agency Archimedes.
The contact persons for Kristjan Jaak Scholarship programme at Archimedes Foundation are:
- Ms. Eliisa Sokk (degree studies abroad, short-time visits), eliisa.sokk [ät] archimedes.ee, phone:697 9227
- Ms. Annela Oona (part-time studies abroad), annela.oona [ät] archimedes.ee, phone: 730 0392