Study as an exchange student at Beijing Jiaotong University
BEIJING JIAOTONG UNIVERSITY (BJTU)
Programme: Inter-university cooperation agreement
Study period: 1-2 semesters (academic year: Sept-July)
Target group: students from all study levels and faculties; students applying for Bachelor's programmes, must have completed at least one year at the University of Tartu.
Language of instruction: mainly Chinese, some programmes are taught in English. It is also possible to study Chinese.
Chinese language programmes: beginners, intermediate and advanced level.
- English proficiency: at least level B2 on CEF scale;
- Proficiency in Chinese language is not necessarily required (if student takes courses taught in English).
Scholarship: free tuition at host institution. Possibility to apply for Chinese government scholarship.
Applying to the host university: usually once a year, deadline in March-April (applications for the next academic year). If not all student places are filled, an additional competition may be announced in September (for the spring semester of the current academic year).
More information: Beijing Jiaotong University.
Competition to BJTU for the academic year 2017/18
Application documents (in English):
- UT application for study abroad;
- Statement of purpose (letter of motivation);
- 2 letters of recommendation from a supervisor or professor at UT;
- Transcript of records (with average grade; in English); Master's and PhD students must also submit a diploma supplement (in English) on the previous level of study (ask for that at the International Student Service from your coordinator);
- Certificate on command of English (IELTS, TOEFL or the test of UT), minimum requirement: on CEF scale at least level B2;
- Certificate on command of Chinese (if applicable).
Application deadline: April 18, 2017.
Please submit your application documents (hard copies, original/officially certified) to the UT Study Abroad Centre.
NB! It is possible to apply even if you have not yet received the results of your TOEFL/IELTS test by the deadline (although the test must be taken). On that occasion, you will have to submit some other proof of language proficiency, e.g. confirmation from language professor, UT language test.
Please note, late documents may affect your candidacy!
The students selected by the UT grant committee will also have to complete BJTU application form and enclose required documents (incl. the copy of passport). More information: BJTU webpage (check the information under relevant programme).