Estonian Scholarship Programme for Short Courses
Application period: 1.04-01.05.2021
The scholarships are intended to support participation in summer courses of Estonian language and culture as well as in courses of summer and winter schools related to the English-language curricula of degree study in Estonia.
Scholarship amount: The scholarship is used to reimburse up to 500 EUR of the course fee and accommodation costs of 25 EUR per day for a maximum of 28 days per secondment in a calendar year.
In the 2021 summer school application round, students can apply for the scholarship to participate in online courses. The scholarship covers the course fee up to 500 euros.
Period and conditions: The stipend is available for students of Bachelor’s, Master’s or doctoral studies in foreign universities who are actively involved in the studies at the time of application and have been studying at university for at least one year. During the period of payment of grant the scholarship recipient should stay in Estonia (except when participating in an online course). The candidate should pre-register to the course for applying for the scholarship.
Programmes eligible for the scholarship:
- Juri Lotman and the Semiotics of Culture: Theoretical Foundations
- Educational Change in Times of Rapid Technological Innovation
- European Encounters: Understanding Russia and EU-Russia relations
- Estonian Language Summer Courses with instruction in English
The following documents should be submitted to Education and Youth Board of Estonia when applying for the scholarship for short courses:
- application form and motivation letter through online application system (please register to start the application);
- confirmation of admission from the organising higher education institution in Estonia (can be sent by e-mail) or confirmation of submission of required admission documents;
- confirmation of registration from home university containing information on the applicant's level of study, normal period of studies and progress towards the degree;
- copy of passport or ID-card.
Further information on https://www.studyinestonia.ee website.
Scholarship coordinator: Ms Liis Uulman (liis.uulman [ät] archimedes.ee)