Competition to study as an exchange student at Kiel University
The City of Kiel in Germany has a longstanding tradition of offering scholarships for a 10-month study period at Kiel University. Eligible are students from the partner universities of Kiel University in Kiel's twin cities and students from the University of Tartu.
Target group: Bachelor's level students from their 3rd semester of studies and Master's level. Study projects with a reference to the City of Kiel (e.g. Kiel's history, Marine Science) or covering one of the research foci of Kiel University will particularly be supported.
Scholarship: exchange students are guaranteed free tuition and monthly scholarship
Language of instruction:
Bachelor's level - German;
Master's level - German or English, more information about study programmes: www.international.uni-kiel.de.
- Students who apply for study programmes taught in German: language proficiency must meet at least level B1 requirements according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR)
- Students who apply for study programmes taught in English: language proficiency must meet at least level B2 requirements.
- UT application for study abroad;
- Application form of Kiel (please submit either in English or in German): Bewerbung / Application form;
- Curriculum Vitae (in German or in English);
- Statement of purpose with intended study project in Kiel (in English or in English and in German (when applying to German based study programme));
- Two letters of recommendation from a supervisor or professors at UT (in English);
- Transcript of records (with average grade, in English, ask from your dean's office/institute), Master's students must also submit a diploma supplement (in English) on the previous level of study (ask for that at the International Student Service from your coordinator);
- Certificate on command of German and/or English;
- 1 photo.