From 24th to 26th October 2012 a 3-day international conference of applied theatre will be held in Mäetaguse, Ida-Virumaa, Estonia.
Organizers of this conference are University of Tartu Viljandi Culture Academy, Mäetaguse Secondary School and the Parish of Mäetaguse.
- To spread and introduce new knowledge about participatory theatre and drama methods;
- To develop the skills of practicing drama teachers and professionals in working with different social groups;
- To supplement the skills of trainers and to offer support in working youth-groups, enterprises, organisations, communities and language studies;
- To organize drama workshops and study lessons in Ida-Virumaa educational, youth and social institutions.
- Reports and performances from participants from Estonia as well from abroad.
- Workshops from partner countries (Estonia, UK, Finland, Germany) in subjects such as integration, language study, rehabilitation of excluded groups, business developing, wellbeing etc.
- Workshops in Ida-Virumaas educational and social institutions (prison of Jõhvi, the youth-centres of cities, schools and the county etc.) that introduce used methodology of partners.
- During the conference a plan is to give process-drama performance in prison, forum-theatre performances in youth-centres, hospital-clown performances in medical centres and drama workshops in an elderly nursing home.
24th and 25th October is a seminar for developing skills and knowledge in the applied theatre field. Workshops and discussion board will be held in Mäetaguse school. Registration for 24-25th October is open!
26th October is a conference with interactive performances held in Mäetaguse. Registration for the 26th October is open!