The Centre for EU-Russia Studies (CEURUS) at the University of Tartu invites you to participate in a two-day conference “Russians and Russian Speakers in the Post-Soviet Space: Comparative Approaches” held on October 8-9, 2015 (venue: University Café, Ülikooli 20, 2nd floor). The conference brings together specialists with expertise in numerous national contexts (Ukraine, Moldova, Belarus, the Caucasus, the Baltic states, Russia) to discuss several interrelated topics, including:
- the identity of Russian-speakers across the post-Soviet space
- ethnicity, minority and language policies in the post-Soviet space
- the new media and Russian speakers in the post-Soviet space
- the "Russian world", Russian compatriot policy
- the crisis in Ukraine, its repercussions in Ukraine and other post-Soviet countries
- security, geopolitics and biopolitics in the post-Soviet space
The conference is organized and supported by the Centre for EU-Russia Studies (CEURUS), University of Tartu, and the Centre for Russian, Central and East European Studies (CRCEES), University of Glasgow.
The conference program is available at: http://ceurus.ut.ee/conferences/call-for-applications-3/
Registration: To register, please send an email to Dr Heiko Pääbo (heiko.paabo [ät] ut.ee) Registration is open until September 30, 2015. There is no participation fee. The working language of the conference is English.
For more information please contact Dr Heiko Pääbo, heiko.paabo [ät] ut.ee, (+372) 737 5647.