Johan Skytte Institute of Political Studies is hosting a two-week course in Politics and Political Thinking in Communist China (SVJS.00.014), read by Robert Weatherley (Cambridge) and Urmas Hõbepappel.
The aim of the course is to analyze China's political thought and the related developments in the second half of the 20th century and during the last two decades.
- Maoism and Political Revolution in China
- The Great Leap Forward and the Cultural Revolution
- Post-Mao Power Struggle, Dengism and Economic Reform in China
- The 1989 Tiananmen Demonstrations
- Human Rights in China
- Diplomacy and Defensive Nationalism
- History and Nationalist Legitimacy in Contemporary China
- Chinese Foreign Policy
Place: Lossi 36 - 305
Credits: 6 ECTS
Contact: urmas.hobepappel [ät] ut.ee