International conference in philosophy of science with five keynote speakers:
- Hasok Chang, University of Cambridge, UK
- Olimpia Lombardi, University of Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Peeter Müürsepp, Tallinn Uiversity of Technology, Estonia
- Sami Pihlström, University of Helsinki, Finland
- Eric Scerri, University of California Los Angeles, USA.
In the focus of the conference is a theoretical conception of science, practical realism, introduced by Rein Vihalemm. His legacy and contribution to philosophy of science will be discussed from several points of view.
For conference programme, abstracts of the papers and further information please see https://www.flfi.ut.ee/et/ph-science-practical-realism-international-conference-honour-rein-vihalemm-1938-2015.
The event is open to everybody, however, registration is required, please fill in the registration form at the conference's web page.
Conference is supported by the Faculty of Humanities and Arts, UT, Estonian Research Council's grants PRG462 and PUT 372, and the institutional grant of the Ministry of Education and Research IUT20-5.