29.11.2021 - 16:00
A university network The Guild and the University of Tartu are inviting everyone to participate in the virtual seminar “National strategies and the role of universities in integrating international students to the local labour market” on 29 November.
As part of The Guild’s virtual seminar series dedicated to the findings of the Insight Paper “Reimagining Research-led Education in a Digital Age”, The Guild and the University of Tartu invite you to join the conversation on the role of universities in integrating international graduates into the local labour market.
In this seminar we will present research results and examples from the Netherlands and Finland and discuss the following:
- What are national and universities’ strategies for integrating international students to the local labour market?
- Which specific actions universities and cities/regions undertake (e.g particular programmes relevant for the local labour market, local language teaching, integration programmes)?
- Which trends can be observed: how many students (and which profile) decides to stay in the host country after graduation?
16:00 Welcome by Aune Valk, Vice-Rector for Academic Affairs, University of Tartu
16:10 Case study from Finland
- Charles Mathies, Academy of Finland Research Fellow, University of Jyväskylä
- Eric Carver, Strategic Services for Teaching, University of Helsinki
- Q&A session
16:55 Case study from the Netherlands
- Aart van Bochove, Director, Blaauwberg
- Viktor Venhorst, Associate Professor, University of Groningen
- Q&A session
17:45 Take home messages by Jan Palmowski, Secretary-General of The Guild
18:00 End of seminar