Letter of Recommendation
If the letter of recommendation is required, applicants must submit an academic letter of recommendation that:
- includes an overview of how long and how the writer of the letter of recommendation has known the applicant;
- expresses the writer’s honest, open and well-reasoned opinion on why the applicant is a suitable candidate for the particular grant;
- is usually 1 page long and is signed by the writer;
- is written on the letterhead of the unit or department (if possible);
- should end with the writer’s contact data.
It is important that the person who writes the letter of recommendation knows the applicant well enough. It is essential to give the writer enough time to compose the letter; good practice suggests 2 weeks!