The idea to find a mascot for the University of Tartu has been around for years. Now it seems to be a good time to create one to supplement the visual identity of the university. To find a mascot that carries and promotes the message of the University of Tartu, we are announcing a design contest. All of our students, staff and alumni are welcome to submit their design projects.
• The design of the mascot must be associated with the University of Tartu.
• The design must allow to actually create the mascot.
• Design projects can be submitted until 22 November 2020.
• Each author may submit one design project.
• The University of Tartu will have the right to use and change the submitted idea.
• The final solution will be decided by the University of Tartu.
• To participate in the contest, authors must send a drawing, photo, image or a written characterisation of the mascot.
• The author is free to choose the technique used for the design project.
• The author must also submit the name of the mascot, a brief description and the reasons why this mascot should represent the University of Tartu in the future.
• The author may also add an explanatory backstory or legend to the project.
• The project must include the name and contact details of the author.
• The project must be sent by email to turundus [ät] ut.ee.
Selecting the winner
• There will be two rounds of selecting the design projects.
• In the first round, the projects will be assessed by a committee comprising a representative of the student union, a representative of the alumni, a member of the Rector’s Office, lecturer in theatrical scenery and a representative of the Marketing Unit. The committee will determine the three best projects.
• In the second round, the three best projects will be put to a public vote among students, alumni and employees of the University of Tartu, with each person having one vote.
• Voting takes place at ut.ee/maskott in December.
• The University of Tartu will announce the winning design on 4 January 2021 at the latest.
• The winner will be contacted on the email address submitted with the project.
• With the winner’s consent, the name of the author is published on the media and in the marketing and communication materials of the University of Tartu.
• The prize for the winner of the contest is 1,000 euros. No other prizes will be awarded.
We are looking forward to your brilliant ideas!
Specialist for Marketing
Marketing and Communication Office
mariana.tulf [ät] ut.ee
The University of Tartu retains the right to change the conditions of the contest.