Motivation letter requirements for Robotics and Computer Engineering
The motivation letter is a part of the online application form. Guidelines and evaluation criteria for the motivation letter are also included in the online application form.
Please write a brief motivation letter (in English, maximum of 5000 characters with spaces) based on the following points:
The master’s programme in Robotics and Computer Engineering has three specialisations: computer engineering, robotics and space technology.
1. Which of the three specialisations interests you most and why?
2. How does your previous learning and/or working experience relate to this specialisation?
If none of the three specialisations is familiar to you, please describe some other field of interest you consider relevant for this application.
3. Name three important persons and events related to your field of interest, and explain why you choose these particular persons and events.
4. In what role do you see yourself professionally after completion of the programme?
5. What might be the ”big thing” you’d like to accomplish in your field of interest?
What was the Earth and what was its purpose in Douglas Adams’ trilogy in five parts “The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy”? (optional, not for assessment).
Additionally, please provide the following information (can be uploaded as a separate document):
- list your previous study and work experience;
- if applicable, list the conferences, workshops, competitions etc. you have attended (preferably related to your specialisation);
- if applicable, list your extracurricular activities (preferably related to your specialisation);
- name up to 3 academic/professional references (optional).
- fit between the student’s background and goals, and the study programme (40%)
- analytical and argumentation skills (40%)
- fluency of written English (20%)
The maximum score for motivation letter is 100 points and the result is positive only if the applicant gains 51 points or more.