Motivation letter requirements for Software Engineering
The motivation letter is a part of the online application form. Guidelines and evaluation criteria for the motivation letter are also included in the online application form.
Please write a brief motivation letter (in English, maximum of 6000 characters with spaces) based on the following points:
- What technical and non-technical skills do you have that prepare you well for the Software Engineering Master's programme? When describing your technical skills, please indicate what programming languages and development tools you are most familiar with, and how you assess your level of mastery of these programming languages and development tools? When describing your non-technical skills, explain why you think these skills are important for successfully working in the software industry.
- What is/are the most complex software engineering task(s) or project(s) that you have completed? If the output of these task(s)/project(s) are open-source or can be made open-source, please provide the link(s) to the public code repository.
- Have you participated in programming challenges or contests, informatics Olympiads, hackathons or code camps, or have you completed open online courses or extra-curricular courses in software engineering or related fields? If so, please describe your record of participation in such extra-curricular activities.
- Why are you interested in this Software Engineering Master's programme?
- Which of the two specializations of this Master's programme (enterprise software or embedded software) would you like to choose and why?
- fit between the student's background and goals, and the study programme (75 %)
- clarity, logical structure, writing skills and fluency in written English (25 %)
The maximum score for motivation letter is 100 points and the result is positive only if the applicant gains 51 points or more.