The 2013 Mind Sports Olympiad was Successful for Estonians
The 17th Mind Sports Olympiad took place at the University of London Union from August 16th to the 25th, and featured competitors from over 40 countries.
The Pentamind World Championship was shared by India/UK’s Ankush Khandelwahl and Estonia’s Andres Kuusk both of whom had a total of 492 points out of a maximum 500 points. The Pentamind is awarded to the player who scores the best results in five distinct games. Khandelwahl won gold medals at Chess, Poker, Carcassonne, Lines of Action and Acquire, while Andres’ won at Hare and Tortoise, Entropy, Kamisado and Boku. Bronze medal was won by James Heppell with 480 points. The Women's Pentamind World Championship was won by Emily Watson."
Final results (TOP 10):
1.-2. Ankush Khandelwal (IND) 492,86
1.-2. Andres Kuusk (EST) 492,86
3. James Heppell (ENG) 480,99
4. Michael Dixon (ENG) 467,78
5. Martin Hobemägi (EST) 448,81
6. Dario de Toffoli (ITA) 446,72
7. David Jameson (ENG) 435,78
8. Alain Dekker (LAV) 422,69
9. Matthew Hathrell (ENG) 411,55
10. Martin Thompson (ENG) 406,93
More information you can find The 2013 Mind Sports Olympiad homepage.