Futulab calls on alumni and employers to engage students in the implementation of ideas
The Futulab environment invites employers to involve students in projects to realise an idea or find a solution to a specific problem.
We expect project ideas from our alumni and employers by 13 September at https://praktika.ut.ee/en/project-based-internship/. To submit your idea, click “Submit project” on the website, download and fill in the application form, and upload the completed form. Feedback on the submitted ideas will be given by the coordinator of project-based internship.
Students can join the submitted projects from 13 to 27 September. Three to ten students of different curricula may participate in a project. The project-based internship course ends in January. See more detailed schedule.
Project-based internship is an excellent opportunity for employers and alumni
- to conduct research in cooperation with students, for example to evaluate employee satisfaction, start a new activity, etc.;
- to get research-based support to their activities;
- to find solutions or implement ideas for which it is not easy to find time alongside daily work.
To achieve the best results, the persons submitting an idea will also be project supervisors. The supervisor’s task is
- to introduce the goal of the project and explain his or her expectations;
- to agree about deadlines;
- to support the students when performing the project tasks and achieving the goals;
- to share his or her professional knowledge and skills;
- to give constructive feedback;
- to be demanding and guide students to take responsibility.
An information seminar is organised for supervisors and if necessary, they get support all through the process. Project-based internship is coordinated by the School of Economics and Business Administration.
Read (in Estonian) about projects implemented by students and employers during the spring semester.
Merily Heinalo, Coordinator of Project-based Internship, +372 5649 5333, merily.heinalo [ät] ut.ee