International Conference in Honour of Professor Gunnar Kangro
On 1-6 September, the international conference „Kangro-100 Methods of Analysis and Algebra“ dedicated to the centennial of professor Gunnar Kangro will be held in Tartu.
In honour of professor Gunnar Kangro, more than 130 scientist from around the world will take part in the science conference to discuss the international development in the field of mathematics.
Participants include the world-class mathematics and many of them hold lectures and panel discussion during the conference. For instance, all the 13 plenary speakers are highly regarded in the field of analysis and algebra.
- Richard M. Aron, Kent State University, USA
- Johann Boos, University of Hagen, Germany
- Bernardo Cascales, University of Murcia, Spain
- Harold Garth Dales, University of Lancaster, UK
- Joe Diestel, Kent State University, USA
- Gilles Godefroy, Institute of Mathematics of Jussieu, France
- George Janelidze, University of Cape Town, South Africa
- William Johnson, Texas A&M University, USA
- Keith Kearnes, University of Colorado, USA
- Ralph McKenzie, Vanderbilt University, USA
- Albrecht Pietsch, Friedrich Schiller University, Germany
- Ágnes Szendrei, University of Colorado, USA
- Mikhail Volkov, Ural Federal University, Russia
Professor Gunnar Kangro, member of the Estonian Academy of Sciences, was the most famous Estonian mathematician of his time. He was a world-class professional in his main research area - summability theory. His excellent courses and textbooks in algebra and analysis advocated the use of new theories developed in the first half of the twentieth century, and led the transition of Estonian mathematics to modern basis.
The conference is organized by the Institute of Mathematics of the University of Tartu and is supported by the European Union Regional Development Fund.
More information about the conference you can find here.