Invitation to participate in photo contest “University of Tartu in pictures”
The University of Tartu invites everyone to participate in a photo contest to get photos by talented amateur and professional photographers depicting the University of Tartu buildings, students, events, studies, and everything else related to the University of Tartu. The contest takes place from 29 March to 30 September and all participants enter a draw to win prizes.
All photos submitted to the contest will be included in the University of Tartu photo bank and used on the website and in the marketing materials of the University of Tartu. Photos may be submitted by members of the university as well as non-university people. Any equipment or technical solutions – drones, hybrid cameras, film cameras, phones, etc. – may be used to take the photos. Photos from different years or different seasons of the year are welcome.
Photos depicting the following may be submitted:
- buildings, rooms and campus of the University of Tartu; colleges and university buildings in other cities outside Tartu, students and events;
- members of the university, their emotions and stories;
- exciting experiments in labs, interesting research studies and seminars; university researchers, lab interns; conferences and other events and speakers at these events;
- student life and studies; lectures, seminars, practicals, field observation, group work in the cafe; studying in the library, students’ hobby activities, events on Toome hill;
- personal and creative approach to the University of Tartu, captured from a new or interesting angle.
Participants are welcome to send any other photos related to the theme of the University of Tartu.
Terms and conditions of the contest are available on the website of the photo contest. Participants must send the photos with the digitally signed consent form and, if necessary, permission form to veeb [ät] ut.ee, with “Photo contest” in the subject line.
The total prize pool of the contest is 500 euros, which will be issued in the form of photography supplies or services, newspapers or periodicals subscriptions and gift cards. In addition, gifts of the University of Tartu and gift cards from partners are drawn as intermediate prizes.
All enterprises and partners are welcome to sponsor the contest and offer special prizes.
Further information: Elina Klesman, University of Tartu Web Editor, elina.klesman [ät] ut.ee