Online admission interview
If there is an entrance interview required for admission, it might take place online and a candidate is not expected to show up for an interview in person. The University of Tartu uses different video communication programmes to conduct an online interview (Microsoft Teams, Zoom, Skype, Big Blue Button). The admissions commission will notify you, which software programme will be used and when does the interview take place.
The applicant needs the following solutions for the online interview
- A computer or smart device.
- In addition, the computer or smart device must have a web camera, earphones and microphone (built-in or separate).
- As the applicant must be visually identified at the interview, the use of the web camera is mandatory, not recommended.
- The internet connection with a speed of at least 1 Mb/s (upload/download) is recommended for the video call.
At the online interview:
- the applicant must have an identity document;
- the applicant has to ensure that the room where they stay is free from other persons or background noise;
- the applicant must take into account that they are not allowed to save the interview.