PhD in Botany and Ecology
The Faculty of Science and Technology has announced admission in May 2019 for the following thesis projects:
- Global study of invasive fungi: species delimitation, identification, communication and visualisation (supervisor Urmas Kõljalg)
- The role of morphological plasticity in plant species coexistence (supervisor Kristjan Zobel)
- Quantification of nutrient flow in mycorrhizal systems using nanoparticles (supervisors Leho Tedersoo, Raivo Jaaniso, Uno Mäeorg)
- The effect of land-use related disturbances on arbuscular-mycorrhizal fungi (supervisors Kadri Koorem, Maarja Öpik)
- The mycorrhizal traits of plants and fungi in dynamic environments (supervisors Carlos Guillermo Bueno, John Davison, Maarja Öpik)
More information and abstracts of the projects on the website of the Faculty of Science and Technology.
For further information regarding the projects, please contact the supervisors.
Applicants who have completed their previous study level in Estonia or who are about to graduate from an institution in Estonia may apply via SAIS May 15 - June 15. NB! You can access SAIS only with valid Estonian ID-Card or residence card.
|Title||Botany and Ecology|
|Level of study||Doctoral studies|
|Degree awarded||Doctor of Philosophy (Botany and Mycology; Plant Ecology and Ecophysiology)|
|Faculty||Institute of Ecology and Earth Sciences, Faculty of Science and Technology|
|Study form||Full-time regular studies|
|Tuition fee||No tuition fee|