Phd in Chemistry
The Faculty of Science and Technology has announced admission in May 2019 for the following thesis projects:
- Electroreduction of oxygen on silver based catalysts (supervisors: Kaido Tammeveski, Heiki Erikson)
- Decoding ancient foodways: Combined lipid and protein analysis from archaeological ceramics (supervisors: Ester Oras, Ivo Leito)
- Development of new metal–organic framework based materials for multifunctional electrocatalysis (supervisors: Nadezda Kongi, Kaido Tammeveski)
- Electrochemical processes at carbon-d-metals alloy oxide nanoclusters decorated electrodes (supervisors: Enn Lust, Rutha Jäger)
- Influence of microstructural properties on degradation of reversible solid oxide fuel cell prepared using high-speed screen printing method (supervisors: Gunnar Nurk, Sergii Pylypko, Enn Lust)
- Synthesis, Physical and Electrochemical characterisation of Pt-Rare-Earth Metal Composite Catalysts for Ethanol Oxidation (supervisors: Enn Lust, Jaak Nerut, Heili Kasuk)
- Scanning the possibilities for synthesis in charged droplets (supervisor: Anneli Kruve-Viil)
- Universal derivatization reagents in LC-MS (supervisors: Koit Herodes, Ivo Leito)
- Oxygen reduction on M-N4 macrocycle-based catalysts (supervisors: Kaido Tammeveski, Elo Kibena-Põldsepp)
- Development of nanodescriptors for modelling of biological activities of nanoparticles (supervisor: Kaido Tämm)
- Characterizing GPCR function with bioimage analysis and systems biology (supervisors: Ago Rinken, Leopold Parts)
More information and abstracts of the projects on the website of the Faculty of Science and Technology.
For further information about the research projects please contact respective supervisors.
Applicants who have completed their previous study level in Estonia or who are about to graduate from an institution in Estonia may apply via SAIS May 15 - June 15. NB! You can access SAIS only with valid Estonian ID-Card or residence card.
|Level of study||Doctoral studies|
|Degree awarded||Doctor of Philosophy (Chemistry)|
|Faculty||Institute of Chemistry, Faculty of Science and Technology|
|Study form||Full-time regular studies|
|Tuition fee||No tuition fee|