PhD in Gene Technology
NB! The information below applies for the intake in May 2018. New projects for the intake in May 2019 will be announced by the end of April.
The Faculty of Science and Technology has announced admission in May 2018 for the following thesis projects:
- K-mers based modelling of bacterial phenotypes (supervisors Age Brauer, Maido Remm)
- Relationship of the gut microbiome with the health parameters in the Estonian Biobank data (supervisors Elin Org, Tõnis Org)
- Assessing health status of ancient humans using comprehensive aDNA approach (supervisors Christiana Scheib (BC), Mait Metspalu, Luca Pagani (PC), Toomas Kivisild)
- Ancestral deconvolution of Estonian, European and Worldwide genomic layers: a human population genomics excavation (supervisors Luca Pagani (PC), Mait Metspalu, Francesco Montinaro, Toomas Kivisild)
- Genetic risk scores and functional prediction of ancestry-specific components in Estonian and Eurasian human genomes (supervisors Luca Pagani (PC), Reedik Mägi, Davide Marnetto, Krista Fischer, Toomas Kivisild)
Please see more information and abstracts of the projects.
For further information about research projects please contact respective supervisors.
Applicants who have completed their previous study level in Estonia or who are about to graduate from an institution in Estonia may apply via SAIS until June 15. NB! You can access SAIS only with valid Estonian ID-Card or residence card.
|Level of study||Doctoral studies|
|Degree awarded||Doctor of Philosophy (Bioinformatics; Gene Technology; Molecular Diagnostic)|
|Faculty||Faculty of Science and Technology, Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology|
|Study form||Full-time regular studies|
|Tuition fee||No tuition fee|