PhD in Geography
The Faculty of Science and Technology has announced admission in May 2019 for the following thesis projects:
- Use of satellite-derived land surface temperature in investigation of urban microclimate (supervisors: Valentina Sagris, Jaak Jaagus)
- Assessing the spatiotemporal variability in environmental exposure (supervisors: Age Poom, Kiira Mõisja, Hans Orru)
- Interdependencies Between Family Context, Residential Segregation and School Segregation (supervisors: Anneli Kährik, Tiit Tammaru, Kadri Leetmaa)
- Modeling of gaseous nitrogen fluxes in variouos wetlands and forest ecosystems on organic soils (supervisors: Kaido Soosaar, Ülo Mander)
- The functional adaptation of root-rhizobiome in warming grasslands (supervisors: Ivika Ostonen-Märtin, Marika Truu, Boris Rewald)
More information and abstracts of the projects on the website of the Faculty of Science and Technology.
For further information about research projects please contact respective supervisors.
Applicants who have completed their previous study level in Estonia or who are about to graduate from an institution in Estonia may apply via SAIS May 15 - June 15. NB! You can access SAIS only with valid Estonian ID-Card or residence card.
|Level of study||Doctoral studies|
|Degree awarded||Doctor of Philosophy (Geoinformatics; Human Geography and Regional Planning; Landscape Ecology and Environment Protection; Physical Geography)|
|Faculty||Faculty of Science and Technology, Institute of Ecology and Earth Sciences|
|Study form||Full-time regular studies|
|Tuition fee||No tuition fee|