PhD in Molecular and Cell Biology
The Faculty of Science and Technology has announced admission in May 2019 for the following thesis projects:
- The biological function of pseudouridines in eucaryotic mRNA (supervisors: Margus Leppik, Tiina Tamm)
- Effects of translational fidelity on bacterial evolvability (supervisors: Maia Kivisaar, Heili Ilves, Jaanus Remme)
- Comparative metagenomic analysis of oil-degrading marine microbiome (supervisor: Jaak Truu)
- Elucidating the role of extracellular matrix regulatory proteins in tissue regeneration (supervisors: Viljar Jaks, Mariliis Klaas)
- Epithelial tissue morphogenesis and cell-cell communication (supervisors: Osamu Shimmi)
- Linking mtDNA stress with wider metabolic rearrangements and organism’s behaviour (supervisor: Priit Jõers)
More information and abstracts of the projects on the website of the Faculty of Science and Technology.
For further information regarding the projects, please contact the supervisors.
|Title||Molecular and Cell Biology|
|Level of study||Doctoral studies|
|Degree awarded||Doctor of Philosophy (Biochemistry; Biotechnology; Cell Biology; Developmental Biology; Genetics; Microbiology; Molecular Biology; Molecular Biomedicine; Plant Physiology; Veterinary Microbiology; Virology)|
|Faculty||Faculty of Science and Technology, Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology|
|Study form||Full-time regular studies|
|Tuition fee||No tuition fee|