PhD in Molecular and Cell Biology
The Faculty of Science and Technology has announced admission in May 2019 for the following thesis projects:
- The biological function of pseudouridines in eucaryotic mRNA (supervisors: Margus Leppik, Tiina Tamm)
- Effects of translational fidelity on bacterial evolvability (supervisors: Maia Kivisaar, Heili Ilves, Jaanus Remme)
- Comparative metagenomic analysis of oil-degrading marine microbiome (supervisor: Jaak Truu)
- Elucidating the role of extracellular matrix regulatory proteins in tissue regeneration (supervisors: Viljar Jaks, Mariliis Klaas)
- Epithelial tissue morphogenesis and cell-cell communication (supervisors: Osamu Shimmi)
- Linking mtDNA stress with wider metabolic rearrangements and organism’s behaviour (supervisor: Priit Jõers)
For further information regarding the projects, please contact the supervisors.
Applicants who have completed their previous study level in Estonia or who are about to graduate from an institution in Estonia may apply via SAIS until June 15. NB! You can access SAIS only with valid Estonian ID-Card or residence card.
|Title||Molecular and Cell Biology|
|Level of study||Doctoral studies|
|Degree awarded||Doctor of Philosophy (Biochemistry; Biotechnology; Cell Biology; Developmental Biology; Genetics; Microbiology; Molecular Biology; Molecular Biomedicine; Plant Physiology; Veterinary Microbiology; Virology)|
|Faculty||Faculty of Science and Technology, Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology|
|Study form||Full-time regular studies|
|Tuition fee||No tuition fee|