PhD in Physics
The Faculty of Science and Technology has announced admission in May 2019 for the following thesis project:
- Impacts of industrial aerosols on clouds at pollution hot spots: detection of anthropogenic cloud perturbations with wide range of satellite instruments
(supervisors: Velle Toll, Piia Post)
- High-resolution 3D imaging with structured light illumination (supervisors: Heli Lukner, Andreas Valdmann, Peeter Saari)
- New epoch in 21-cm astro- and dark matter physics (supervisors: Andi Hektor, Gert Hütsi, Margus Saal)
- Optical Systems for Nanosatellites (supervisors: Mihkel Pajusalu, Andris Slavinskis)
- Computer assisted design and development of tailored nanostructures (supervisors: Vahur Zadin, Sergei Vlassov, Alvo Aabloo)
- Spaghetti and meat balls of the baryonic cosmic web (supervisors: Jukka Nevalainen, Elmo Tempel)
More information and abstracts of the projects on the website of the Faculty of Science and Technology.
For further information about research projects please contact respective supervisors.
Applicants who have completed their previous study level in Estonia or who are about to graduate from an institution in Estonia may apply via SAIS May 15 - June 15. NB! You can access SAIS only with valid Estonian ID-Card or residence card.
|Level of study||Doctoral studies|
|Degree awarded||Doctor of Philosophy (Physics)|
|Faculty||Faculty of Science and Technology, Institute of Physics|
|Study form||Full-time regular studies|
|Tuition fee||No tuition fee|