PhD in Zoology and Hydrobiology
The Faculty of Science and Technology has announced admission in May 2019 for the following thesis project:
- Natural adaptations to oncogenic aquatic environments: a study of contemporary evolution in Baltic Sea, using flounders and their cell lines (supervisors: Tuul Sepp, Lauri Saks)
- Significance and mechanisms of macroalgae derived DOC for coastal brackish and oceanic food webs (supervisors: Georg Martin, Chris Hepburn)
- Determinants of lepidopteran diversity in mountainous areas of Morocco (supervisors: Toomas Tammaru, Mohamed Ghamizi)
- Understanding the anthropogenic noise effects to avian behaviour and fitness in free-living populations (supervisor: Vallo Tilgar)
- Rearing density effects and selection potential of commercially important insect species (supervisor: Toomas Esperk)
More information and abstracts of the projects on the website of the Faculty of Science and Technology.
For further information regarding the projects, please contact the supervisors.
Applicants who have completed their previous study level in Estonia or who are about to graduate from an institution in Estonia may apply via SAIS May 15 - June 15. NB! You can access SAIS only with valid Estonian ID-Card or residence card.
|Title||Zoology and Hydrobiology|
|Level of study||Doctoral studies|
|Degree awarded||Doctor of Philosophy|
|Faculty||Faculty of Science and Technology, Institute of Ecology and Earth Sciences|
|Study form||Full-time regular studies|
|Tuition fee||No tuition fee|