PhD in Zoology and Hydrobiology
The Faculty of Science and Technology has announced admission in May 2019 for the following thesis project:
- Natural adaptations to oncogenic aquatic environments: a study of contemporary evolution in Baltic Sea, using flounders and their cell lines (supervisors: Tuul Sepp, Lauri Saks)
- Significance and mechanisms of macroalgae derived DOC for coastal brackish and oceanic food webs (supervisors: Georg Martin, Chris Hepburn)
- Determinants of lepidopteran diversity in mountainous areas of Morocco (supervisors: Toomas Tammaru, Mohamed Ghamizi)
- Understanding the anthropogenic noise effects to avian behaviour and fitness in free-living populations (supervisor: Vallo Tilgar)
- Rearing density effects and selection potential of commercially important insect species (supervisor: Toomas Esperk)
More information and abstracts of the projects on the website of the Faculty of Science and Technology.
For further information regarding the projects, please contact the supervisors.
|Title||Zoology and Hydrobiology|
|Level of study||Doctoral studies|
|Degree awarded||Doctor of Philosophy|
|Faculty||Faculty of Science and Technology, Institute of Ecology and Earth Sciences|
|Study form||Full-time regular studies|
|Tuition fee||No tuition fee|