Russian Language Requirements
Applicants must provide proof of Russian language proficiency at a satisfactory level (B2 level according to Common European Framework of Reference for Languages).
The following tests with scores outlined are accepted (NB! Submit the score report by the application deadline):
1. Test of Russian as a Foreign Language (TORFL) - minimum required result is B2 level;
2. The European Language Certificate (TELC) in Russian - B2 level;
3. Russian language test taken at the College of Foreign Languages and Cultures of the University of Tartu. The test has to be taken before applying. Minimum B2 level is required;
4. Estonian state exam in Russian (exams taken in 1997-2013) - 66 points or higher.
Russian language requirement may be waived if an applicant:
- has completed secondary or higher education (degree programme) in Russian;
- has completed higher education in the field of Russian language (applies to candidates to PhD studies only).
We will examine the transcript of records of an applicant who belongs to any of the specified exempt categories.