Estonian Network for University Continuing Education
The ENUCE (Estonian Network for University Continuing Education) was established on 30 January 2001 in Tartu as an informal association of Estonian universities. The association currently links seven Estonian universities including all six public universities and one private university.
Members of ENUCE: the Estonian Academy of Arts, Estonian Academy of Music and Theatre, Estonian University of Life Sciences, Tallinn University, Tallinn University of Technology and University of Tartu. The network is open to new members.
The aims of ENUCE are the following:
• to promote continuing education in Estonian universities through co-operation between university managers and academic staff, and by joint conferences and seminars
• to enhance staff development through joint projects in open university studies and distance learning, in adult and continuing education, and through the exchange of ideas and teachers (academic mobility projects)
• to facilitate joint projects focused on developing quality assurance systems in university continuing education (UCE)
• to create links between UCE and society
ENUCE works through: (1) meetings held twice a year, (2) a mailing list for sharing information and discussing topics of common interest, and (3) joint projects specifically agreed upon for each year.
Possible areas of co-operation include:
• exchange of information
• research in UCE
• professional development of staff and UCE project managers, as well as teaching development
• participation in preparing draft legislation governing UCE
• publications on UCE
• evaluation of UCE management systems
• mutual recognition of qualifications
• joint courses