Dora Plus grant for Master`s students
Dora Plus Sub-Action 2.1 Support for international master`s students
The purpose of the grant
To support international Master’s students studying in Estonia, thereby contributing to the exchange of knowledge, to make the local study process more internationalised and to increase the amount of highly educated workers in Estonia in the long run.
Support is offered to talented international Master’s students enrolled in English-taught master's programmes. The funding is provided by the European Regional Development Fund. The implementer of the activity is the agency of education internationalisation at the Archimedes Foundation.
The scholarship is 350 euros per month. The scholarship could be awarded for one academic year, i.e. 10 calendar months at a time and to those who are studying full-time.
How to apply?
First-year international master level students: the grant can be applied for during the application process to the University of Tartu, thus the applicants interested in receiving the grant, please tick the appropriate box in your application in DreamApply system. There will be no later application for the first year students. The grants are allocated on the basis of admissions' results, thus based on admission's ranking. The applicants who are awarded the grant will be informed either at the time of announcing admissions results or a bit later.
In the year 2019/2020 the grants were distributed as follows:
Faculty of Social Sciences - 44
Faculty of Science and Technology - 37
Faculty of Arts and Humanities - 15
Second-year international master level students can apply HERE (application form is closed). Deadline 1 October 2019.
All 2nd year students will be informed by e-mail when the call is open.
The selection process is headed by vice dean of a respective faculty at UT.
The number of grants for the academic year 2019/2020:
Faculty of Social Sciences - 15
Faculty of Science and Technology - 12
Faculty of Arts and Humanities - 8
The grant can be awarded to a person:
- who is a full time international master’s student at the University of Tartu;
- who is not a citizen of Estonia;
- whose country of residence is not Estonia;
- who does not have a permanent residence permit/long-term residence permit;
- who has not been in Estonia for more than one year during the past three years (does not apply for 2nd year students).
- The grant for foreign master’s students is paid if the grantee has studied for one whole calendar month.
- The grant is not paid during academic leave.
- The payment of the grant is suspended for the time of studying abroad (over 30 days).
- The payment of the grant is terminated as of the month when the student no longer meets the requirements for receiving the grant.
- If a student is deleted from the matriculation register in relation to completing the curriculum, the grant is paid for the whole calendar month.
- First payment is done in October 2019 (after signing the agreement). For 2nd year students at first chance after signing the agreement.
The English taught programmes are listed here, yet the Dora grant is applicable only for those programmes that have studies carried out in Estonia, not abroad or in the format of e-learning.
For further questions, please contact to: Annela Oona (Grant Office), annela.oona [ät] ut.ee
Contact in the Archimedes Foundation: Anu Lepik, anu.lepik [ät] archimedes.ee, 730 0809