Dora Plus Sub-Action 1.1 Short-term mobility
Dora Plus sub-action 1.1 Short-term mobility (up to 30 days)
Next deadline 1 April. Apply HERE
No applying this month:
- Faculty of Medicine (next deadline 1 June 2019)
Applying is over in Pärnu College and in Institute of Psychology.
Next deadlines in the Faculty of Science and Technology after call for April is 1 June 2019.
An alternative Kristjan Jaak Short Study Visits Scholarship (next deadline 1 June 2019, visits from 1.07.2019 to 30.09.2019)
Participation of young researchers and Master`s degree students in the international exchange of knowledge.
Action is supported by the European Regional Development Fund. The implementer of the activity is the agency of education internationalisation at the Archimedes Foundation.
The goal of this sub-action is to create conditions for current and future lecturers and researchers from higher education institutions in Estonia for international exchange of knowledge and experience, and new research-related contacts. Support will be granted to short-term (up to 30 days) activities abroad related to the teaching and research work of Master`s students and young researchers in Estonia.
Who can apply?
- Master`s students
- Doctoral students
- A person studying on the basis of an integrated curriculum who has earned at least 180 ECTS
- Resident physicians not older than 35 years (as per first day of the study visit)
- Young lecturers and researchers who are not older than 35 years or who did not defend their PhD thesis more than 5 years previously. The age limit does not apply to students. Those who have been on parental leave have to chance to extend the limits proportionally.
Grant could not be used during academic leave - except in connection with caring of a child, upon commencement of service in the Defence Forces.
Also, external students can not apply.
Grant could be used for participating in a professional conference, seminar or course, or carry out other educational or research-related activities (working in libraries, using laboratories, developing study materials, working with a supervisor, participating in field work, consultations or other similar tasks. Acitivities abroad must be closely related to the grantee´s current teaching and research work.
Study mobility may last up to 30 calendar days (inclusive).
NB! The grant cannot be applied for by students studying in Estonia for a short time period of time (e.g. visiting doctoral students, Erasmus+ exchange students), because they are not matriculated to the University of Tartu.
The expenses are compensated as sum of the following unit prices: study mobilty transport allowance, study mobility accommodation allowance, daily allowance (32 EUR per day). Participation fees will be covered based on cost. Maximum amount of the grant is 2000 euros.
Distance between cities (one-way)
Allowance for round-trip (from point of departure to destination and back)
|100-499 km||180 EUR|
|500-1999 km||275 EUR|
|2000-2999 km||360 EUR|
|3000-3999 km||530 EUR|
|4000-7999 km||820 EUR|
|8000 and more km||1100 EUR|
NB! Please use a distance calculator HERE
If distance is less than 100 km, it will be covered based on cost (up tp 180 EUR).
|Duration of study mobility||Allowance per night|
|2-6 days||80 EUR|
|7-14 days||60 EUR|
|15 and more days||35 EUR|
How to apply?
The application must be submitted through the academic mobility environment, where it is forwarded to the faculty committee for evaluation. Please submit your application via Working Environment of Academic Mobility.
- If you participate in a conference, seminar or course, please add a programme/agenda of the event. If there is no confirmed programme, add a link to the website of the event (in the comment section)
- If the aim of the learning mobility is independent work, please add a work plan (PDF file, signed by supervisor or immediate supervisor
- The committee asks applicants of the Faculty of Science and Technology to add an acceptance letter from the organizer in case of (oral) presentation.
- The committee asks applicants of the Faculty of Medicine to add an accpetance letter from the organiszer in case of presentation. NEW (since March 2019 call): if you plan to participate in a course, workshop etc, please add a recommendation letter of your supervisor.
- The committee asks applicants of the Institute of Social Studies to explain how participation in the study mobility helps them improve in studies, research or development work.
- Students and employees of School of Economics and Business Administration should include evaluation by the supervisor or immediate supervisor about the necessity of the study mobility. Read more here
- All applicants of Johan Skytte Institute of Political Studies must explain how participation in the study mobility is related to their studies and/or research and/or development work and why is it necessary. If the aim of the learning mobility is participation in a conference, seminar, course or methods training, then instead of the work plan, the student must add a motivational letter explaining the significance of the event and the links to their studies and/or research, which is signed by their supervisor (PDF file). Read more here
- NEW Additional requirements of the Institute of Education (since 1 December 2018 call):
Application of doctoral students are preferred.
Oral or poster presentation is preferred and the applicant is the first author.
Just participating on a conference is supported for first year doctoral students (second year students exceptionally).
If you have questions about applying via Working Environment of Academic Mobility, please contact to Kadri Orula, kadri.orula [ät] ut.ee, 737 6273
Applications can be submitted monthly, by the first date of each month (except in July), unless established otherwise in the faculty (Faculty of Science and Technologu., Faculty of Medicine). The application must be submitted so that it reaches Archimedes Foundation at least 6 weeks before the start of the mobility.
Selection is made by the faculty committee and forwarded to the foundation by the 10th date of each month (except in July).
For further questions, please contact to: Annela Oona, annela.oona [ät] ut.ee
Contacts in the faculties:
Faculty of Arts and Humanities - Maria Tamm, maria.tamm.001 [ät] ut.ee, 737 5342
Faculty of Social Sciences - Tene Viiburg, tene.viiburg [ät] ut.ee, 737 5337
Faculty of Science and Technology - Varmo Vene, varmo.vene [ät] ut.ee, 737 5870
Faculty of Medicine - Rene Kärner, rene.karner [ät] ut.ee, 737 5329
Contact in the Archimedes Foundation: Ivo Mattus, ivo.mattus [ät] archimedes.ee (ivo.mattus)katrin.kiisler [ät] archimedes.ee (@archimedes.ee )