The aims of e-learning learning at the University of Tartu are
- to offer flexible learning possibilities in degree and continuing education and also in lifelong learning
- to decrease the proportion of lectures and increase the proportion of individual work in the study process
- to make the information and study materials better available for learners
- to diversify the study process and make it more interesting, efficient and contemporary
- to facilitate the cooperation with other Estonian universities and also promote international cooperation
Web-based learning enables us to offer alternative learning possibilities for the people with special needs, from remote areas, women with small children, full-time workers and Estonians living abroad.