What is e-learning?
E-learning is the learning process which takes place partly or fully by means of digital technology. For example:
- e-course in Moodle environment;
- we-based learning materials (incl audio and video lectures);
- using digital communication (forums, webinars etc);
- using social media (wikis, blogs, joint writing tools etc).
Generally, two types of e-learning arrangements can be distinguished:
- fully Web-based learning - the entire learning process (content communication, dissemination of information, communication between course participants, learner evaluations) takes place via the Internet. There are either no classroom meetings, or the classroom meetings are optional. The course can be completed without any classroom contact at all;
- partly Web-based learning - although the learning process takes place via the Internet, there are certain classroom seminars or consolidation sessions which learners are required to attend.