COLLEGE OF CHARLESTON
Programme: Inter-university cooperation agreementStudy period: 1 semester (Aug-Dec or Jan-May)Target group: Bachelor's and Master's level students from all study levels and faculties; NB! only undergraduate level courses are offered, some restrictions in School of Business;Requirements:
- English proficiency: at least level B2 on CEFR scale, TOEFL iBT 80, IELTS 6.5;
- Exchange students must take courses for at least 12 US credit points (24 ECTS) per semester
Scholarship: free tuition at host institution, accommodation in the dormitory and scholarship (5000 USD). NB! According to the accommodataion rules of the College of Charleston, students up to 24 years can live in the dormitory. The costs for off-campus housing must be covered by the student.
Applying to the host university: usually once a year, deadline in January/February (applications for the next academic year). If not all student places are filled, an additional competition may be held in September (for the spring semester of the current academic year).Competitions will be announced about one month before the application deadline.
More information about the university and courses: College of Charleston, Course Offerings, Information Sheet (2019/20).
After you have been selected to the College of Charleston, you must also submit your application documents to the College of Charleston.
One of the required documents is Financial Certification in English (bank statement, required for visa): students must have about 1500 USD in their personal funds.
More detailed information about required documents will be sent to successul applicants.
- UT application for study abroad;
- Statement of purpose (letter of motivation, in English);
- Letter of recommendation from a supervisor or professor at UT (in English);
- Transcript of records from UT (with an average grade; in English; ask from your dean's office);
- Proof of English language skills (IELTS, TOEFL or the UT language test).
Application deadline: February 12, 2020.
Please submit your application documents (hard copies) to the UT Study Abroad Centre (Ülikooli 18-131).
*It is possible to apply even if you have not yet received the results of your TOEFL/IELTS test by the deadline (although the test must be taken). On that occasion, you will have to submit some other proof of language proficiency, e.g. confirmation from language professor.