Study as an exchange student at National Research University Higher School of Economics, Moscow
NATIONAL RESEARCH UNIVERSITY HIGHER SCHOOL OF ECONOMICS (HSE)
Programme: Inter-university cooperation agreement
Study period: 1-2 semesters (academic year: Sept-June)
Target group: students from all study levels and faculties
Language of instruction: mainly Russian, also possible to take courses in English (more info)
- For courses taught in English – English level at least B2 (TOEFL iBT 75/IELTS 6.5)
- For courses taught in Russian – Russian level at least C1. More information: HSE Factsheet.
Scholarship: free tuition at host institution
Applying to the host university: usually once a year, deadline in April (applications for the next academic year). If not all student places are filled, an additional competition may be announced in (for the spring semester of the current academic year).
Students selected by the UT grant committee to HSE must send their application documents also to HSE.
Competition to HSE for the academic year 2020/21
The competition is open to PhD, Master's and 2nd and 3rd year Bachelor's level students of all specialities.
Application documents (in English):
- UT application for study abroad;
- Statement of purpose (letter of motivation, in English);
- Letter of recommendation from a supervisor or professor at UT (in English);
- Transcript of records (with average grade; in English); Master's and PhD students must also submit a diploma supplement (in English) on the previous level of study (ask for that at the Student Admissions from your coordinator);
- Certificate on command of English (IELTS, TOEFL or the test of UT) and/or Russian (TORFL test or certificate from the language instructor).
Application deadline: March 12, 2020.
Please submit your application documents (hard copies) to the UT Study Abroad Centre (Ülikooli 18-131).