Study as an exchange student at Tsinghua University
Programme: Inter-university cooperation agreement
Study period: 1-2 semesters (academic year: Sept-June)
Target group: students from all study levels and faculties
Language of instruction: Chinese and English, Courses in English
- English proficiency: at least level B2 on CEF scale;
- Proficiency in Chinese language is not necessarily required (if student takes courses taught in English).
Exchange students cannot take courses from following faculties/programmes:
- Academy of Arts and Design;
- Physical training courses;
- Graduate programs in English.
Scholarship: free tuition at host institution. Possibility to apply for Chinese government scholarship.
Applying to the host university: usually once a year, deadline in March-April (applications for the next academic year). If not all student places are filled, an additional competition may be announced in September (for the spring semester of the current academic year).
Competition to Tsinghua University for the academic year 2020/21
Application documents (in English):
- UT application for study abroad;
- Statement of purpose (letter of motivation);
- Letter of recommendation from a supervisor or professor at UT;
- Transcript of records (with average grade; in English); Master's and PhD students must also submit a diploma supplement (in English) on the previous level of study (ask for that at the Student Admissions from your coordinator);
- Certificate on command of English (IELTS, TOEFL or the test of UT), minimum requirement: on CEF scale at least level B2;
- Certificate on command of Chinese (if applicable).
Application deadline: March 12, 2020.
Please submit your application documents (hard copies) to the UT Study Abroad Centre (Ülikooli 18-131).